Whole Roasted Cauliflower
October 7, 2016
I was thinking about Thanksgiving this weekend and what would look lovely on the harvest table. Foods like miso gravy, our Nut Quinoa Millet Loaf, roasted brussel sprouts, sweet potato rosemary mashed potatoes and how about a whole roasted cauliflower?
This recipe is featured in our cookbook, Made With Love and we’re including it here for you to enjoy on this Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.
4 to 6
Ingredients (Tap to make them disappear!)
- 2 1/2 CUPS dry white wine or veggie stock
- 1/3 CUP Olive oil
- 1/4 CUP Sea salt
- 3 TBSP Fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBSP Chili Flakes
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 Large Cauliflower
- 3 TBSP nutritional yeast
- Olive oil to serve
- Sea Salt to serve
- 1Heat the oven to 475°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or roasting pan or use parchment paper.
- 2In a large stockpot, bring the wine or veggie stock, 8 cups of water, the olive oil, salt, lemon juice, chili flakes and maple syrup to the boil.
- 3Carefully lower the cauliflower into the boiling liquid. Reduce the heat and simmer, turning the cauliflower occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until a knife can be easily inserted into the cauliflower stalk.
- 4Using slotted spoons, gently transfer the cauliflower to a colander. Roll the drained cauliflower out of the colander and onto the prepared baking sheet or roasting pan.
- 5Sprinkle the cauliflower with nutritional yeast and roast, rotating the pan after 20 minutes, for 30 to 40 minutes or until well browned.
- 6Transfer roasted cauliflower to a platter. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and serve as is or with the sauce of your choice.
Everything you need to add elements of a plant-based diet into your life.
Matcha Lattes - our latest addiction
The comfort meal for everyone that leaves you feeling light, not heavy.