Vanilla Almond Milk
March 10, 2018
This is such a simple, useful recipe and making your own almond milk means you can control the ingredients. If you love vanilla, use more! We like Himalayan sea salt but you can choose whatever high quality sea salt you prefer. The cinnamon is comforting and will help your digestion.
Note: A nut milk bag is a small fine-mesh bag usually made of nylon. They are
reusable and inexpensive. They’re also easy to find; you can almost certainly get one
from your local health food store.
Tip: If the dates are very dry or hard, soak them in lukewarm water for about 20
minutes to soften before use.
4 cups or 8 lattes!
Active time: 10 minutes 8 hours of soaking time, plus 15 minutes
Ingredients (Tap to make them disappear!)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1In a medium bowl, cover almonds with 2 cups of filtered water.
- 2Refrigerate almonds and water to soak overnight. Drain the almonds, then rinse well and drain again. Tip the almonds into a heavy duty blender, with 3 1/2 cups filtered water.
- 3Blend on high speed for about 2 minutes. Place a nut milk bag over a large bowl and slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag.
- 4Gently squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk. This will take 3-5 minutes.
- 5Rinse out the blender. Return the almond milk to the blender, with the dates, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- 6Blend on low speed to combine.
- 7Pour the almond milk into a glass jar with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Shake the jar well before using as the mixture separates when sitting.
Everything you need to tackle the globe on your own!
Ayahuasca & Breath Work - The Wound is the Place Where the Light Enters You
The natural way to maintain hormone health.
6 Ways to keep calm and enjoy the busiest time of the year.