The World Peace Cookie
December 1, 2017
This is how we coined the term, “Are you living your life yet”. It came out of my mouth when discussing the transformation that happens to people (in their mind, body and soul), when you change how you eat.
It took a long time to make this cookie…I’ve been working on this cookie for the better part of the day and my motivation has come from so many people walking into our bakery and requesting a healthy “Energy” Cookie with no ’empty calories’. One with tons of nutrition, soy-free, gluten-free and vegan too, so that means no allergens like dairy products, no eggs, no wheat, no casein, no unhealthy saturated fats and I also added tons of ‘love energy’ (that always makes things taste better and makes them healthier!!).
Everything that is in it, is intentionally put in for optimal health reasons. I practice this all the time and I guess I’m pretty diligent at it because I know how good I feel when I eat what is nutritionally dense. That means no white flour, no empty calories that lead to gaining weight, digestive problems and other lifelong diseases we see becoming more and more prevalent. You have to ask yourself why would you ever want to ingest food that can cause damage and inflammation to you at your very cellular level.
Every day we are bombarded with toxins and pollutants from the environment and from the food we eat. Every day we get a chance to REVERSE that damage and heal ourselves from the inside out as that is where chronic disease begins.
Here’s a place where you can begin to shift your outlook on food and really make some yummy and nutritious snacks for you, your family, your friends, your neighbour or your business colleagues.
They are full of solid nutrition and will give you energy to last for hours.
(AND… please use organic wherever possible….)
They also freeze very well so get them made and into your freezer so they’re ready for school lunches and your busy work days. I’d love some feedback if any of you make them!
Ingredients (Tap to make them disappear!)
- ¼ cup sorghum flour (Gluten Free flour)
- ¾ cup garbanzo and fava bean flour (Gluten Free flour)
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (tons of fibre!! Buy Bob’s Red Mill or Cream Hill Estates for Gluten-Free Oats)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (blood purifier, anti-microbial (bacteria remover in body), and controls blood sugar)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cup organic pumpkin seeds (for your man’s prostate!)
- ¼ cup organic sunflower seeds (excellent source of Vitamin E!)
- ¼ cup organic cranberries
- ¼ cup organic raisins (alkalizes your body and great source of iron)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (dairy free and gluten free – by “Enjoy Life”)
- 3 Tbsp ground golden flax meal + 10 Tbsp filtered water and let it sit. (good for Fibre, abundance of Omega 3)
- ¾ cup Earth Balance
- ¼ cup raw organic sucanat (evaporated cane juice)
- ½ cup light raw agave OR maple syrup
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl (flours, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt) and then add the seeds and cranberries, raisins and chocolate chips and toss untill fully covered in flour mixture.
- 2Mix the flax meal with the water in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes until thick and egg-like. You’ll be amazed how it thickens up.
- 3Combine the Earth Balance with the flax meal mixture. Whip with hand mixer for a minute until well combined and thick. Now add the cane juice and the agave and applesauce. Mix again until well combined.
- 4Now add the flour mixture to the oil and sugar mixture. Fold with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- 5Place on greased cookie sheet or better yet, parchment paper lined tray and bake for 12 minutes at 375F. You want the edges browned yet not overbaked. I made 2 dozen cookies that were about 2 1/2″ in diameter when finished.
Ooey, gooey and oh so sweet.
Kelly's Bake Shoppe is magical - we already know that. It's time for the rest of the world to find out too.
Make your own almond milk at home with our easy recipe!
The green way to start your day.