The Mega Salad
March 16, 2018
What is so wonderful about making salads is the more you make them, the more you get comfortable with experimenting and discovering new favorite flavors, and the more confidence you’ll gain every day. Trust us, salads are addictive. Treat this recipe like a guideline; substitute whatever nuts, seeds or sprouts are your faves.
Note: Sprinkling the sea salt after the lime juice and avocado oil is an important step
and helps to make the greens taste more fresh and vibrant. The salt will stick to the
leaves perfectly when you follow the steps.
Active time:15-20 minutes Total time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients (Tap to make them disappear!)
- 8 cups any greens, such as romaine, arugula, spinach, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 1 cup mint, chopped
- 2 cups any sprouts, such as radish, sunflower, pea, broccoli, lentil or popcorn
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup avocado, chopped into ½-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons Brazil Nut Parmesan
- 1In a large bowl, mix the greens, herbs and sprouts and toss with lime or lemon juice.
- 2Add the avocado oil and coat the leaves thoroughly.
- 3Sprinkle with sea salt to taste. Toss until well combined.
- 4Add the walnuts, blueberries, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and toss well.
- 5Add the avocado chunks and toss gently to fully incorporate. Sprinkle with Brazil Nut Parmesan, if desired. Serve immediately.
Everything you need to tackle the globe on your own!
Two ways to slow down and maximize the moments that matter.
Kelly's Bake Shoppe is magical - we already know that. It's time for the rest of the world to find out too.
Essential oils and natural herbs to help survive the winter season