The Warrior Smoothie
December 7, 2016
need a quick lunch (or breakfast too)? too busy to find the time to make a sit-down meal?
The perfect lunch can be a smoothie and it really can make more nutritional sense then a hurried lunch that you may not have time to make in the first place. There really is nothing more simple than assembling ingredients in a blender and pressing ‘start’.
I’ve been busy with book writing and websites and other laptop work and I can relate to not wanting to step foot in the kitchen to make a ‘meal’. So I grabbed the blender and put some solid nutrition in it.
SunWarrior is a crazy delicious brand of raw Superfood Protein and made with other raw and non-GMO Superfoods. It’s my only go-to source of protein powder (raw, plant-based, gluten-free, Non-GMO, soy-free and organic) and also my choice of ultra healthy superfood greens for my diet.
This is so easy and again, because I had my prepped frozen bananas in the freezer already peeled and chopped (in a freezer bag) making a cold and thick smoothie was even more of a breeze.
I make more than I can drink (or share) in one sitting (about 24 ounces) so that I can graze for a couple of hours on this smoothie and enjoy the lingering nutritional effects over the course of the afternoon. You will never get hungry or have a feeling of being too full.
Ingredients (Tap to make them disappear!)
- 14 oz Non-Dairy Milk I USE HEMP, BUT YOU CAN USE ALMOND, OAT OR COCONUT
- 1 scoop SunWarrior Chocolate Protein Powder RAW HEMP, CRANBERRY AND PEA PROTEIN WITH RAW CACAO AND A FEW OTHER INCREDIBLY HEALTHY INGREDIENTS
- 1 tsp SunWarrior Ormus Extreme Greens MADE FROM RAW BARLEY GRASS, WHEAT GRASS, ALFALFA, OAT GRASS, SPINACH, PARSLEY, YUCCA, MORINGA IN A PROBIOTIC COMBINATION
- 1 chopped Frozen Banana
- 2 dates
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 tbsp Organic Peanut butter or Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Raw Granola Cereal
- 1Place all ingredients into your blender and blend on high until smooth. The reason why I add the raw granola cereal is for the texture and little bits of yummy nuts and and other crunchy ingredients in the granola. Totally delicious!
Our take on Mothers Day
The recipe for our best-selling muffin!
Our hearts are heavy with sadness but we know that the future of our planet is in a better place.
Summer is on our minds with this quick detox tonic.