The Warrior Smoothie
December 7, 2016
need a quick lunch (or breakfast too)? too busy to find the time to make a sit-down meal?
The perfect lunch can be a smoothie and it really can make more nutritional sense then a hurried lunch that you may not have time to make in the first place. There really is nothing more simple than assembling ingredients in a blender and pressing ‘start’.
I’ve been busy with book writing and websites and other laptop work and I can relate to not wanting to step foot in the kitchen to make a ‘meal’. So I grabbed the blender and put some solid nutrition in it.
SunWarrior is a crazy delicious brand of raw Superfood Protein and made with other raw and non-GMO Superfoods. It’s my only go-to source of protein powder (raw, plant-based, gluten-free, Non-GMO, soy-free and organic) and also my choice of ultra healthy superfood greens for my diet.
This is so easy and again, because I had my prepped frozen bananas in the freezer already peeled and chopped (in a freezer bag) making a cold and thick smoothie was even more of a breeze.
I make more than I can drink (or share) in one sitting (about 24 ounces) so that I can graze for a couple of hours on this smoothie and enjoy the lingering nutritional effects over the course of the afternoon. You will never get hungry or have a feeling of being too full.
Ingredients (Tap to make them disappear!)
- 14 oz Non-Dairy Milk I USE HEMP, BUT YOU CAN USE ALMOND, OAT OR COCONUT
- 1 scoop SunWarrior Chocolate Protein Powder RAW HEMP, CRANBERRY AND PEA PROTEIN WITH RAW CACAO AND A FEW OTHER INCREDIBLY HEALTHY INGREDIENTS
- 1 tsp SunWarrior Ormus Extreme Greens MADE FROM RAW BARLEY GRASS, WHEAT GRASS, ALFALFA, OAT GRASS, SPINACH, PARSLEY, YUCCA, MORINGA IN A PROBIOTIC COMBINATION
- 1 chopped Frozen Banana
- 2 dates
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 tbsp Organic Peanut butter or Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Raw Granola Cereal
- 1Place all ingredients into your blender and blend on high until smooth. The reason why I add the raw granola cereal is for the texture and little bits of yummy nuts and and other crunchy ingredients in the granola. Totally delicious!
4 ways to show Mother Nature some love.
Kelly’s Bake Shoppe is more than just cupcakes.
Everything you need to add elements of a plant-based diet into your life.
Kelly's Bake Shoppe is magical - we already know that. It's time for the rest of the world to find out too.