Easy & Guilt-Free Spaghetti
November 24, 2017
Pasta is a staple in many households but leaves most people feeling stuffed and lethargic after eating due to the high starchy carbohydrate ingredients. Luckily, there are lots of alternatives to traditional noodles if you’re looking to keep your meal plan interesting. This spaghetti squash recipe is a delicious option, plus the recipe is quick and easy to follow. Along with garlic, tomatoes, and eggplant, this recipe could become a regular addition to your kitchen menus. Please, please let us know if you try it out and how you like it in the comments below!
Ingredients (Tap to make them disappear!)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
- 1 onion medium, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of dried chilli
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup of red or white wine
- 1 litre of organic tomato, canned or jared
- 1/2 of brown lentils
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Slice spaghetti squash and place cut side down on a baking tray.
- 3Slice eggplant in half lengthwise, and drizzle with olive oil. Place on the same baking tray as the squash face side up and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile heat olive oil in a pan gently, add onions saute for 2-3 minutes, add garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add salt, chilli, basil, oregano, rosemary and/or thyme and red/white wine to the onion mixture and saute until wine absorbs.
- 6Add tomato puree and bring to a light boil.
- 7Add lentils to the sauce mixture and let simmer on low to medium heat for 40 minutes or until letils are fully cooked.
- 8Remove squash and eggplant from the oven when fork can be inserted straight through.
- 9Slice eggplant and add to the tomato sauce mixture.
- 10Use a fork to scrape spaghetti squash into individual bowls and top with tomato sauce mixture.