Best Hummus Recipe Ever
December 3, 2017
I have a million plant-based and gluten-free cookbooks and of those one million cookbooks, they have 1000’s of hummus recipes. That must mean I’ve gone through about a billion hummus recipes and funny enough, after all this time, none have made me totally happy.
So today I set out to make a crazy delicious and creamy hummus recipe and one that can have some instant, flavourful variations made to it too. Served in sandwiches, with crackers or chopped veggies this is a versatile, healthy, high protein dip that no one tires of.
We’re going to start with the 1st step and that is the tahini. I can’t stress enough that it is critical to use only RAW tahini, not roasted (sesame seed) tahini. Roasted tahini will change the flavour of the hummus completely and will also remove some of the health benefits of the tahini (sesame seed butter). You also want to buy the best quality and organic one and stir the container of tahini well to incorporate all the oil that may have floated to the top before use. See the health benefits of sesame seeds by clicking here.
Ingredients (Tap to make them disappear!)
- 1/3 cups raw tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Yellow Miso paste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups Chickpeas canned, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Cumin ground
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- pinch Ground Black Pepper
- pinch paprika for garnish
- 1In a food processor, blend the tahini and lemon juice for about 2 to 3 minutes (the smoother the better).
- 2Add the miso paste, garlic and salt, and process for one minute.
- 3Add the chickpeas and olive oil and process until smooth.
- 4Add the cumin, chili flakes and black pepper and process again.
- 5If the hummus is too thick, add filtered water one tablespoon at a time and process until you achieve the desired consistency. Serve garnished with a sprinkle of paprika.
A weekend awakening with Tony Robbins.
6 Ways to keep calm and enjoy the busiest time of the year.
How to donate instead of buy this holiday season.
The healthy grab and go that will keep you satisfied and full of energy.